Re: Ambassadors Beat updated for this week

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Neville A. Cross <neville@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that news mailing list is not the best stage to voice this
> opinion. I think that will be better to voice it over the ambassadors
> mailing list. Anyway, you got Larry's attention and mine too. Would you
> mind to take a few minutes of your time and talk about this on the opne
> floor that happens on every famsco meeting, as you are making a request
> I think will be good to have it explained on how you wish to view
> expressed the work of famsco.

I find Larry's conclusion very unbecoming and uncivil especially from
a FAmSCo member (I'll stop rating it as being snarky).

At no point was it meant to be criticism unless you want it interpret
it that way. I'll give a current example - please look at the FAmSCo
meeting agenda page for the meeting I reported on the beat - that has
both meeting points and action items mixed up. It makes for difficult
reporting. I just passed a remark that I wished such a think could be
looked from the aspect that there are folks writing beats based on
that content. If you follow this list you'll note that from time to
time I make an observation after I post an update status of my beat.

In the past I have had blog posts about the parts FAmSCo could take a
look at. And at no point in those post was the current and past FAmSCo
members being dissed about.

I am copying the FAmSCo list in the thread as the news list isn't the
place for a discussion.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>