Re: Hello world

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 14:03 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I am interested in contributing to the Fedora News Project. I am a
> member of the KDE-SIG and may be primarily acting as a packager, so I
> suppose those are my primary areas of interest, and if there is
> opening for a KDE beat, I could take that on, probably. I am usually
> in fairly close contact with most of the KDE-SIG's active members via
> #fedora-kde IRC channel.
>
> Locally I am involved in Phoenix Arizona's LUG, Phoenx LUG
> (http://plug.phoenix.az.us) and the Arizona Business and Liberty
> Experience (http://ableconf.com)

Hi Ryan,

There isn't an overall "content plan" for FWN at the time. Interested
parties suggest a beat and start producing it if there are no
objections.

As a KDE user, I'd personally be happy to see KDE coverage in FWN. Why
don't you whip up a beat and point it out to the list?

Check out the workflow here and let us know if you have questions.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/WorkFlow

BTW, another document relevant to KDE is the Desktop release notes.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop

The doc beats page says it is open, but it has been recently edited. If
interested in contributing, that could be reconciled on the docs list.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats

Welcome!

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3