Re: Hello world

On Thu 10 September 2009 10:55:42 am Dale Bewley wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 14:03 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> > Hi group,
> >
> > I am interested in contributing to the Fedora News Project. I am a
> > member of the KDE-SIG and may be primarily acting as a packager, so I
> > suppose those are my primary areas of interest, and if there is
> > opening for a KDE beat, I could take that on, probably. I am usually
> > in fairly close contact with most of the KDE-SIG's active members via
> > #fedora-kde IRC channel.
> >
> > Locally I am involved in Phoenix Arizona's LUG, Phoenx LUG
> > (http://plug.phoenix.az.us) and the Arizona Business and Liberty
> > Experience (http://ableconf.com)
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> There isn't an overall "content plan" for FWN at the time. Interested
> parties suggest a beat and start producing it if there are no
> objections.
>
> As a KDE user, I'd personally be happy to see KDE coverage in FWN. Why
> don't you whip up a beat and point it out to the list?
>
> Check out the workflow here and let us know if you have questions.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/WorkFlow
>

> BTW, another document relevant to KDE is the Desktop release notes.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop
>
> The doc beats page says it is open, but it has been recently edited. If
> interested in contributing, that could be reconciled on the docs list.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats
>
> Welcome!

Hello Dave,

Sorry your mail kind of fell into an abyss there, not sure what happened. (Is
this list available via GMane?) I'll take a look at editing the wiki and
whipping up a beat tonight.

I am eventually planning getting into the Desktop docs (creating something
akin to the Fedora Desktop Guide for Fedora-KDE) soon enough, but that's most
definitely OT for this list ;)

Thanks for the help.

--
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

Fortune:
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash@xxxxxxxxx          | MSN: phrkonaleash@xxxxxxxxx
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.