Re: Fedora Weekly News 180

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 05:01:53PM -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 180[1] for the week ending June 14,
> 2009.
>
> In this week's issue, we open with useful links announcing the
> 'hot-off-the-bitpress' Fedora 11 (Leonidas) release, and also reminders
> about voting for the code name for Fedora 12 and other Fedora elections.
> There are many FUDCons, FADs and other Fedora events, helpfully listed as
> well. From Planet Fedora, two interesting samples: news from Fedora blogs
> and contributors including an interview with Eric Sandeen about ext4,
> linux filesystems and Fedora 11, and rave reviews on Presto, Fedora 11's
> enhanced DeltaRPM service that can be configured. In the Quality Assurance
> beat, review of the Bugzappers weekly meeting and changes this will have
> to triage work, as well as availability of a set of Fedora 11 delta ISO
> images. In Translation news, announcement of new localization team members
> for Norwegian and Arabic, and reports on work to convert the Translation
> Quick Start Guide (TQSG) to a format usable by Publican. In Design team
> news, detail on the recent discussion to potentially redesign the
> fedoraproject.org homepage, and summary of a heated debate over
> distribution branding in general and spins in particular. The 20 year-old
> hacker e-zine, Phrack 66, is noted in the Security Week beat along with a
> Firefox security update, and in virtualization news, details on how to add
> a custom-built vm to virt-manager, and discussion about how to restrict
> VNC to specific VMs per guest. We finish this week's issue off with
> AskFedora, which answers general questions posed by the community. In this
> installment, find out what Fedora's official policy on Mono is. Read on,
> and enjoy!

Hi guys,

One thing we seemed to miss was the big announcements about the Fedora
Community portal, as seen on the Planet.  Can we remedy that in the
next issue?  I'll commit to writing another blog entry about FC if
we'd like something current to trigger coverage in the FWN.  Here are
the FC-related posts I saw:

http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/06/11/fedora-11-is-out1111/
http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2545
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/no-more-paintain/
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/what-does-paintain-mean/

Let me know if you'd like an update during this week; I'll coordinate
with Mo to produce some relevant content.

Paul