Re: Following up with beat writers

Yes, very clear here as well!

 - pascal

Oisin Feeley wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:10:01 +0200 (CEST), "Max Spevack"
<mspevack@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

An empty beat should not be included in the final issue, IMHO. Part of the process of moving from the Overview Page to the IssueXYZ page is to cull un-written beats.

Here's how I'd use the beats table:

1) as soon as an issue is released, an editor-type changes the date to the next deadline day, and marks every beat as "INCOMPLETE".

2) Beats that don't have a writer are marked as "NO WRITER".

3) Beats that have a writer but aren't happening that week, for whatever reason, are marked as "NOT HAPPENING".

4) Beats that are in progress are marked "IN PROGRESS".

5) Beats that are finished are marked "COMPLETE" along with a note to list.

That sounds eminently sensible to me.  If there are no objections on
list from anyone in a couple of days then I'll update the workflow with
above.