Re: [Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "FWN/Beats/Developments" by RahulSundaram]

On 4/22/07, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
Just checking mail very briefly

I'm not so sure it was pointless to identify when f-devel-l gets
hijacked and what the consequences are.  Not feeding the trolls on list
is pretty important, but talking about the consequences and facts of it
all seems like it might be useful.

I fear developer frustration and resulting flight from a public list if
this sort of provocation goes on.  I think it's useful to mention it on
occasion.  I really value the information volunteered by participants
on that list and I'd hate to see them decide that it wasn't worth the
trouble.

 The slight derisive tone is
interesting to me, as well.

I definitely didn't want it to be derisive, so I apologize if it's perceived
that way by anyone.  I honestly think that the metaphor of it being a
confused collision in the fog is apt.  I don't think the main complainants
had done much/any research on the issue and it's hard to pick out any
concrete point about development that they were making.  All that
results from discussion of non-specific and hence non-fixable complaints
is frustration and frayed tempers.

If the section is seen as "derisive" then it should definitely go though,
with my apologies to anyone insulted by it and I should be more careful
in tone.  Maybe the last paragraph should be cut?

Oisin