Re: gkrellm-themes orphaned

Gilboa Davara wrote:

Thanks for scaring the bejesus out of me.
What's the going practice when license is unknown?

Ideally we should clarify licensing information asap or stop distribution.

... Plus, can I take my sweet time checking it or is it required by
F8-release?

We would be in trouble even today if any authors questions us on distributing their content without any written rights to do so. Considering the amount of work required to clarify such licensing details across so many themes, you should probably let the package get orphaned and import it later when the licensing details are clarified which you might consider doing along with other distribution maintainers or strip down the package immediately to themes with clear licenses and add more continuously when you get the licenses sorted out.

Rahul