Orphaning or even removing xmms-skins

Hi,

I'm currently the maintainer of the xmms-skins package. It's a
historical package, containing skins that used to be bundled in the
xmms source rpm but split off as a sub-package. When the xmms package
cleanup happened, they got split out in their own noarch package, which
made much more sense.

But...

When trying to update the License field of the package, I realized that
most (if not all) of the skins contained in the package :
1) Are *VERY* old
2) Do not contain any license information

I could probably hunt down all of the original authors and ask them for
license clarifications etc. but since many URLs (and possibly email
addresses) from the docs in those skin archives aren't valid anymore,
it wouldn't be that easy... and is probably not worth it.

So if someone really wants to do this and take over the package, no
problem for me, but otherwise I think the best will be to retire the
package and/or remove it entirely from Fedora.

My current thought, since the content is probably acceptable for Fedora
(but in need of clarification) would be to retire the package, have it
removed before Fedora 8, but leave it as-is for Fedora 7 and earlier,
as it's not as if it contained any files clearly identified as having
an incompatible license.

Please yell if that doesn't seem like the right thing to do. Otherwise
I'll be doing that in a few days.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.2-57.fc7
Load : 0.01 0.10 0.30