Re: Disttags are nice, save the disttags

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 07:39:05 Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Yep, I entirely see your point. It could also be summarized as "Fedora
> QA is binary RPM focussed". QA of binaries takes precedent over
> reproducibility of packages and the distribution, and changing that
> would be a fundamental change to the distribution. Is that more or
> less right ?

Yes.  IMHO our responsibility to our end users in having stable and tested
binaries is slightly higher than our responsibility to those that are doing
full rebuilds of our packages for whatever reason.

> [I'm not trying to be a jerk, but am trying to understand the details
> - one of us has years of experience as a release manager, and one of
> us doesn't :)]

Heh, dialog is good, and I don't think you're being a jerk at all (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora