Re: use disttag ".1" for devel to avoid confusion

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 04:31:56PM -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:

My argument is that if packages don't get updated that often, disttag is rather useless as the chances are low that it will get a fedora udpate pushed. And on the off-chance it does, diverging a specfile once is not a big deal.

I think this is _NOT_ the current state of affairs else we would not have as many .fc6 packages as we do in F-7. Those packages should have the disttag removed IMO.

Maybe some, but not necessarily all of them. Taking myself as an
example, I own some python modules that may certainly be better without
disttag, but I also have C/C++ stuff that, although stable and
unfrequently updated are certainly better with a disttag.

Why is it better with a disttag, out of curiosity?