Re: Updates System

On 5/16/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 09:02 -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:

> * a "make push" command that could be run to push a package w/o any
> manual intervention.  For most packages, a "make tag build push" would
> suffice, and the world wouldn't come to an end.

That should never happen for updates.  Packages are signed and you need
a human to sign them.  Automating the signing process is absurd because
if that's done, there is no point in signing things anyway.

Sorry, push was definitely a misnomer here.  Basically where I was
going is that there should be some trivial way to flag an update as
safe to tag with updates when built (or maybe after a day's delay,
etc)...  maybe something like 'make autotag' or somesuch.

                                     -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia