Re: Fedora 7 Feature Frozen

Till Maas schrieb:
On Fr März 30 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

I think it's a *bit* confusing to have a F7 tree later with lots of
packages which have a fc6 in the filename... Maybe we should have
something in the package guidelines that says "if you use a dist tag
then you should try to rebuild the package once during a development
cycle so the disttag matches the actually release."
But as I said, it's just a detail.
Imho this is better than having to download / install every installed package on ones system, just because the new disttag looks nicer. This way at least some packages do not need to be reinstalled.

Totally agreed. But maybe for packages that don't need much updates it might be better to just not use the disttag to avoid the confusion it can create...

CU
thl