Re: Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

On 10/15/06, seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 22:00 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
Axel is not trying to break people's systems and there was too much
invective in your post.

I did not mean to imply he is *trying* to break people's systems.  I
am only stating what I know through experience, and this is that
people who have used ATrpms (including myself) have had problems with
yum.  It is pretty much the standard answer in #fedora to tell someone
to remove ATrpms when diagnosing a problem, and it is a shame that
this is the case.

So let me rephrase my statement and say that using ATrpms has the
"potential" to break your system.

now, can we get back to actually solving the problems?

I would love to see ATrpms start playing nice with the official
repositories.  I think the first step would be to remove ALL packages
that are already present in FC/FE.

However, call me a cynic, I doubt this is going to happen.  Axel, I'd
love for you to prove me wrong on this point.