Re: Use of whitelist/blacklist in articles

Hello all,

I was reluctant to continue this conversation since it has run it's
course I think. However, there are a couple of points I think need to
be clarified in the conversation. First, let's talk about what was
proposed, by who, and it's purpose. What is being proposed is a guide
for Editorial Board members of the Fedora Magazine to include a section
on bias in words used in articles and specifically how to edit such
articles. This was proposed by a senior member of the Editorial Board
who is no stranger in the community. The purpose is for the Editorial
Board to be more proactive in promoting inclusive non-biased
conversations within the Fedora Community, by keeping articles non-
biased.
Second I want to point out the English language is an ever evolving
language. Eventually, the use of allow/deny lists will likely be the
norm, but not because Fedora Magazine Editorial Board members decided
to make a guide, but because people will adopt them through daily use,
much like "blacklist/whitelist" are the norm today.

Our community is open, our minds should be too.

Stephen