Re: Using 'sic' when editing articles (was Re: [Review needed] Fedora at the National Library of Technology)

I tend to agree with GLB here as well.

One addendum... I think for a publication like ours -- i.e. not a scholarly
or important news source in the sense of journalism -- it's OK to correct
slight errors in quotations, as long as it's clear what the author's
meaning was. For instance, fixing a verb tense or pronoun agreement, the
proper name of a thing, or something that might have been caused by the
author's use of English as a second language. Those minor corrections don't
change the sense of what the speaker wanted to convey.

Paul