Re: Marking out of date Magazine articles?

I think that although some users may be expecting the Fedora Magazine
to be a knowledge resource, it is superfulous to the mandate of the
magazine. That being the spreading of information about Fedora-centric
"stuff". There are many times that articles fall into the howto or are
very technical in nature, this is indemic of the topic area chosen not
so much a core purpose of Fedora Magazine which is a place to talk
about all things Fedora related. There could be an arguement for some
articles to be copied over to the Quick Docs site if they present a
bona fide source of information that is seen to be important for the
community around Fedora. Tagging old articles, or even worse IMO
updating them to current best practices/ latest tech, does not fall
into the Fedora Magazine role. More importantly, there are limited
resources working on the project across the spectrum, no different in
the case of Fedora Magazine, so adding workload will always force a
decision on what to drop doing this week. Even the example post cited
as a reason in support of updating old/out of date magazine articles,
was an example of a user trying to do something that was very likely
out of their technical depth of understanding. More of their
frustration seemed to come from communication or a lack thereof.
This is just my two cents worth on the subject.

Stephen