Re: Let's use a Taiga board!

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 12:38, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 7:12 PM Adam Samalik <asamalik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to propose we use a Taiga kanban board to track the state of our
> > articles and the publishing schedule.
> >
> > Having a board will have multiple benefits, including:
> > - Quick overview of the current state and the publishing schedule
> > - Writing comments to the articles — things to remember when editing, etc.
> > - Ability to move some of our activities from the meeting to the board,
> > such as +1's on the pitches, assigning edits and images, or even scheduling
> > in some cases — that could give us more time in the meeting for other
> > discussions that need to happen real-time
> > - A board will be also more intuitive and accessible to newcomers
> >
> > What do you think? Do we wanna give this a try? To give people a better
> > idea I've created an example board [1] in the teams.fp.o Taiga.
> >

> Wordpress has most of this stuff already (or we did at some point with some
> of the plugins), but we have never really used it to any extent, and it
> also is kind of hard to keep track of it from the birds-eye view that taiga
> will give us.
>
> A quick google search suggests that there really arent any plugins or
> anything to integrate between wordpress and taiga, so when something
> changes state (i.e. a pitch to a draft), we will have to manually change it
> in both places, right?

My understanding was that we would move the state management of
articles in taiga. So I am not sure if still need all the current
categories in wordpress ? Otherwise I think the weekly meeting would
be a good place to maintain the board so IMO we would really only move
cards in taiga during the meeting.