Re: Let's use a Taiga board!

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 7:12 PM Adam Samalik <asamalik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to propose we use a Taiga kanban board to track the state of our
> articles and the publishing schedule.
>
> Having a board will have multiple benefits, including:
> - Quick overview of the current state and the publishing schedule
> - Writing comments to the articles — things to remember when editing, etc.
> - Ability to move some of our activities from the meeting to the board,
> such as +1's on the pitches, assigning edits and images, or even scheduling
> in some cases — that could give us more time in the meeting for other
> discussions that need to happen real-time
> - A board will be also more intuitive and accessible to newcomers
>
> What do you think? Do we wanna give this a try? To give people a better
> idea I've created an example board [1] in the teams.fp.o Taiga.

Wordpress has most of this stuff already (or we did at some point with some
of the plugins), but we have never really used it to any extent, and it
also is kind of hard to keep track of it from the birds-eye view that taiga
will give us.

A quick google search suggests that there really arent any plugins or
anything to integrate between wordpress and taiga, so when something
changes state (i.e. a pitch to a draft), we will have to manually change it
in both places, right?

cheers,
ryanlerch