Pitch: How to install Wireshark network analyzer on Fedora

Hi all,

as I said in my introduction, I'd like to introduce Wireshark package in
Fedora. What I have in mind is article about installation process and
post-install configuration. Here is a pitch:

installation process of Wireshark network analyzer. The reason is that
various distributions can have different approach to packaging and
division into subpackages. Also there is a new Qt GUI since version 2,
which results in different naming scheme of subpackages as compared to
old Fedoras (or CentOS). This also implies that many online tutorials
might be outdated. Furthermore users need to set up permissions in a
non-obvious way.

Proposed content:
* Install basic package with one GUI (Qt)
* Set up permission so you can capture on network interfaces
* Install the second GUI (GTK+) and learn how to switch between them

Target audience:
* People trying to run Wireshark for the first time or people switching
from other distribution such as Debian who want to know how to install it
* Students, system administrators etc.

Online version:
https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=16492&preview=1&_ppp=ba24f2bd2f

Regards,

--
Martin Sehnoutka | Associate Software Engineer
PGP: 5FD64AF5