Note about moderated mail

Hey all,

For the first time in a while, I went through the moderated messages
queue for the Fedora Magazine mailing list, and I was surprised to find
that there were many, many pages of moderated (and legitimate) email
stuck in the moderation queue dating back to September 2016! This email
is a short PSA for a couple of things:

= = = = =

(1) I found and changed the setting to notify list admins about mail
pending approval, so it should be easier for me and other list admins to
spot when this happens.

(2) I BCC'd all the various people who had their posts stuck in the
queue and (as far as I know) never received a response. If you don't
normally receive Magazine-related mail, this is a notification that it's
unlikely that any of us saw your previous messages! If you'd like to
repost your email, please subscribe to the list first and resend your
email. Make sure to subscribe only with the email you actually receive
and send email from – for most people, the @fedoraproject.org alias
won't work since it's only a receiving alias.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/magazine.lists.fedoraproject.org/

(3) I did approve a handful of somewhat recent or still relevant
messages, so anyone on the list who has emails pop up from the past
month as unread, this is why.

= = = = =

Hopefully this helps clarify why some people didn't receive a response
or why current subscribers have a few unread emails from well in the
past pop up. Hopefully this should be less of a problem now that I've
adjusted the notification setting for list admins.

Thanks all!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory