Re: Request additions to allowed licenses for Fedora (Multics & GAL).

Thanks Richard,

I will follow that link and go through the right channels.

And yes, in many places, we have some GE/Honeywell code or documentation (which is Multics licensed) in a comment block, for example describing a particular CPU function or instruction, and then the actual (original) implementation following it.

While we *could* replace (hundreds) of these comments with text like "see manual AL39 Pg.125-127 and Fig B Pg.122", but that would make large portions of the code much less readable and much less useful overall.

See https://dps8m.gitlab.io/dps8m/master/global/S/45.html#L502 or https://dps8m.gitlab.io/dps8m/master/global/S/37.html#L4587 for a few examples.

--
Jeffrey H. Johnson
trnsz@xxxxxxxxx