Re: License of rpm-local-generator-support

Thank you for elaborating. But unfortunately, the only thing this definitely answers is that I can "ignore" the license file for the moment. But how to proceed?

One thing to note about the package is that in ideal world, it would not exist, because either 1) the file would be included and shipped by RPM or even better 2) the file would not be needed, because there are other ways to implement this functionality in RPM [1]. I want to submit this to upstream, but upstream is not responsible to this issue :/ So would it make things simple, if the package have the same license as RPM, i.e. `GPLv2+`.

Don't forget that part of my question was if the content is copyrightable and with the context above, if it was shipped directly by RPM, the answer would probably be yes.

Vít

[1] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/782#issuecomment-1748317568