Fwd: SPDX Statistics - Marco Polo edition

-------- Přeposlaná zpráva --------
Předmět: SPDX Statistics - Marco Polo edition
Datum: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 07:38:26 +0200
Od: Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Společnost: Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.
Komu: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Two weeks ago we had:

* 23128 spec files in Fedora

* 29572 license tags in all spec files

* 16519 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 6059 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

* Progress: 44.14% ░░░░██████ 100%

ELN subset:

825 out of 2479 packages are not converted yet

Today we have:

* 23143 spec files in Fedora

* 29600 license tags in all spec files

* 16169 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 5903 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

* Progress: 45.35% ░░░░██████ 100%

ELN subset:

603 out of 2986 packages are not converted yet

Graph with the burndown chart:

   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVMEzXWML-6_Mrlln02axFAaRKCQ8zE807rpCjus-8s/edit?usp=sharing

The list of packages needed to be converted is here:

    https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final.txt

List by package maintainers is here

   https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

List of packages from ELN subset that needs to be converted:

   https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/eln-not-migrated.txt

New version of fedora-license-data has been released. With 17 new licenses (plus bunch of public domain declarations). 31 licenses are waiting to be review by SPDX.org (and then to be added to fedora-license-data).

Legal docs and especially

  https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/

was updated too.

New projection when we will be finished is 2025-01-30 (we are slowing down. Again. :( ). Pure linear approximation.

If your package does not have neither git-log entry nor spec-changelog entry mentioning SPDX and you know your license tag matches SPDX formula, you can put your package on ignore list

  https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/ignore-packages.txt

Either pull-request or direct email to me is fine.

Why Marco Polo edition? On today's date at 1254, an Italian merchant Marco Polo was born. He traveled to Asia (today's China). It took him 4 years to get there, 3 years to get back. And he stayed 17 years there. He wrote a book Millione about this travel. That made him famous and even nowadays is great insight about Asia of that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Travels_of_Marco_Polo

Do you hesitate how to proceed with the migration? Please follow

   https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/update-existing-packages/

Miroslav