Re: Making no-conditions identifiers optional in the License: field

Dne 01. 09. 23 v 9:54 Daniel P. Berrangé napsal(a):
Shorter is indeed better because it is far easier for humans to read when it is more concise, especially so because once the expression is flattened, the SPDX identifiers could be alphabetically orered as in this example above.

Do we want to have it easier for humans or for machines?

I think that we now target more machines (especially because of the "exchange" part from SPDX abbrev). If you want more human friendly way you can feed the formula to some library and get abbreviated form. E.g., you can use `simplify()` from

https://github.com/nexB/license-expression#usage-examples

It is packaged in Fedora.

And I agree that once we migrate to SPDX we should always present to **users** the simplified formula. But in sources (in spec) we should track the full formula.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys