Re: Fwd: SPDX Statistics - University of Constantinople edition

Dne 01. 03. 23 v 3:18 Richard Fontana napsal(a):
On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 6:49 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2023-02-27 at 23:37 +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

8795 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

Hello,
running [1]  the result is [2]

[1]
askalono crawl libcomps-0.1.19

[2]
libcomps-0.1.19/COPYING
License: GPL-2.0-only (original text)
Score: 0.988

I tried to use license-diff plugin for Firefox and it shows the same score for GPL-2.0-only and for GPL-2.0-or-later.

And license-diff plugin does not show "any later" as diff when I compare it to GPL-2.0-only.

what is correct GPL-2.0-only  or GPL-2.0-or-later ?
This is probably beyond the ability of any tool to reliably determine
(I mean, even more so than license identification in general), and is
particularly way beyond what askalono can figure out since it is (by
design I think) fairly primitive. In particular, askalono AFAIK only
looks at what it thinks are standalone license files, while in GPL
culture the "or later" vs. "only" distinction is typically not made in
the license file itself.

I took a very quick look at the source code of libcomps version 0.1.18
and concluded 'GPL-2.0-or-later' is likely correct. As far as I could
tell, all source file GPL notices were of the "GPLv2 or any later
version" form. The upstream spec file and setup.py file also indicate
GPLv2+.

*nod* It is GPL-2.0-or-later

Miroslav