Fwd: SPDX Statistics - University of Constantinople edition

-------- Přeposlaná zpráva --------
Předmět: SPDX Statistics - University of Constantinople edition
Datum: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 23:34:52 +0100
Od: Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Společnost: Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.
Komu: Development discussions related to Fedora <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Two weeks ago we had:

* 23029 spec files in Fedora

* 29405 license tags in all spec files

* 22401 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet

* 8795 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

Today we have:

* 23060 spec files in Fedora

* 29449 license tags in all spec files

* 21194 tags have not been converted to SPDX yet [*]

* 8439 tags can be trivially converted using `license-fedora2spdx`

[*] I have got some reports of packages that have been converted, but does not have spec/git changelog and I hope I will edit my scripts to work with some filter list.

The list of packages needed to be converted is again here:

    https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final.txt

List by package maintainers is here

   https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

New version of fedora-license-data has been released.

Legal docs and especially

  https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/

has been updated too.

I updated the progress in this spreadsheet:

   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVMEzXWML-6_Mrlln02axFAaRKCQ8zE807rpCjus-8s/edit?usp=sharing

You converted 1207 license tags in 14 days. Amazing!

New projection when we will be finished is 2024-06-04. Pure linear approximation.

Did you know?: rpmlint checks if you have correct license. It uses `rpmlint-fedora-license-data` which is a subpackage of `fedora-license-data`. So anytime a new version of `fedora-license-data` is released, rpmlint uses the new data.

Why University of Constantinople? Because on today's day in a year 425 a.d. was found University of Constantinople. It lacked the structure of later universities so generally, it is missing in the top of oldest universities, but it was the beggining.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Constantinople

Do you hesitate how to proceed with the migration? Please follow

   https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/update-existing-packages/

or attend SPDX office hours (see different thread in this mailing list)

Miroslav