Re: Additional SPDX questions for .NET 7 (dotnet7.0)

Hi

Thanks to everyone, especially Richard, for their advice and
suggestions.

As far as I can tell, these are the remaining licensing questions before
we are ready to include .NET 7 in Fedora:

1. How to define the MS Patent Promise [1] in Fedora?

   The discussion is continuing at
   https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/103 but
   there hasn't been much movement recently.

2. What to do about code that uses from StackOverflow?

   It seems like someone just needs to craft the wording for an exception
   and add it to the CC licenses in Fedora? More at
   https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/104

   Is there anyone who can help craft this wording?

3. What to do about the following licenses:

   https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/blob/main/src/libraries/System.Text.RegularExpressions/tests/FunctionalTests/AttRegexTests.cs
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:MIT?rd=Licensing/MIT#HP_Variant

   Both seem look like variants of MIT [2][3]. As folks in this thread
   have helped me understand, MIT is a category under SPDX, not a single
   license. Neither of these are part of the MIT SPDX identifier yet. Is
   it okay to use them under the 'MIT' identifier in Fedora while they
   are still being worked on the SPDX and fedora-license-data side?

[1] https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/blob/master/PATENTS.TXT
[2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/YSB4PSUJ5CAVEZBE53BIRIXTQHOUGXU6/
[3] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/XVOF3F4GHYSYLVWQSUV4MPCOYMA6OS2R/

Thanks,
Omair

--
PGP Key: B157A9F0 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = 9DB5 2F0B FD3E C239 E108  E7BD DF99 7AF8 B157 A9F0