Additional SPDX questions for .NET 7 (dotnet7.0)

Hi,

I have been working on moving the (still in review) .NET 7 package to
the new SPDX identifiers in the License field and I had some additional
questions that I could use some guidance on.

1. What, if anything, do I need to do about the "MS Patent Promise"?

   Full text here: https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/blob/main/PATENTS.TXT

   Is this something that needs to be tracked as a license?

2. What to do about code that uses answers from StackOverflow?

   StackOverflow answers are licensed under some variant of CC:
   https://stackoverflow.com/help/licensing

   .NET has some code that's adapted from there. For example,
   https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/blob/ac03fbd184b182a6632a50bbe70bc733e487264c/src/libraries/System.Private.CoreLib/src/System/Runtime/Intrinsics/Vector128.cs#L398-L420

   CC-BY-SA-4.0 is in the "allowed content" list in Fedora, but not in
   the "allowed-for-code" list. What should I do here?

3. Some code seems to have warranty disclaimers

   Example: https://github.com/dotnet/fsharp/blob/main/tests/fsharp/typecheck/sigs/neg70.fsx

   How should I handle this? Would this file be covered under the
   license at the root of the repository (MIT), or would this be a
   separate license?

4. What license is this file under?

   https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/blob/main/src/libraries/System.Text.RegularExpressions/tests/FunctionalTests/AttRegexTests.cs

   Should I treat it as under MIT, like the license header at the top of
   the file says, or under the separate license text on line 4 and
   later? Or both? Does anyone know what's the SPDX identifier for the
   license text on line 4 and later?

5. Is there an SPDX identifier for "Unicode Mappings License"?

   An example of this license is also at
   https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/unicode/+/49008729606a2dca67c1572bd6e2e196be1eda24/ConvertUTF.h

6. Is there an SPDX identifier for this MIT variant?

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:MIT?rd=Licensing/MIT#HP_Variant

   Internally, I have seen Red Hat refer to this as OSF-1990.

7. Is there a known SPDX identifier for the IETF license?

   License text available at bottom of
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3492/

   Internally, Red Hat refers to this as just "ietf".

8. Is there a SPDX identifier for this variant of MIT:

   http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~tjw/jsbn/LICENSE

   Internally, I have seen this referred to as "mit-addition".

9. Is there anything that I need to do about these public domain
   disclaimers? Can I just refer to these as CC-PDDC?

  - https://github.com/dotnet/runtime/blob/de84cf9f723f5d4342e95c692d088ed2af63fdbe/src/coreclr/inc/utilcode.h#L2417-L2425
  - https://github.com/dotnet/fsharp/blob/23e22eadf193cdd7e38ea4fa68c0f76d1b14ca9b/src/FSharp.Core/tasks.fs#L3-L12
  - https://github.com/dotnet/fsharp/blob/23e22eadf193cdd7e38ea4fa68c0f76d1b14ca9b/tests/fsharp/typecheck/sigs/neg72.fsx#L2-L7

Thanks,
Omair

--
PGP Key: B157A9F0 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = 9DB5 2F0B FD3E C239 E108  E7BD DF99 7AF8 B157 A9F0