Re: Publishing containers based on Fedora

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 7:15 AM Andreas Hartmann <hartan@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> since I haven't received a response in 2 weeks now, I assume that it is indeed
> fine to publish containers based on `fedora:36` or `fedora-minimal:36` images
> without further modifications. Furthermore I assume that this does not violate
> any copyright/trademark regulations by the Fedora Project and doesn't require
> special permission, at least not if done as described in the email attached below
> (i.e. without advertising it as "Fedora Container").
>
> I'd be happy to write something up in the Wiki for anyone else asking the same
> question, if you think that's worthwhile. Maybe a paragraph in the
> trademark/licensing pages would suffice?

We have generally permitted layered containers. In fact, we have
specific "branding" packages for container builds. The general rules
around saying it isn't a "Fedora" container (in the sense that it is
delivered by and officially endorsed by the Fedora Project) do apply
here. Feel free to state that your containers are based on the
official Fedora base containers though. :)

I don't know if this is written up anywhere, but as the pages around
these guidelines are protected, someone with rights will need to
update them.