Publishing containers based on Fedora

Hello everyone,

I recently started to host my own container registry via GitLab. I use it to
build container images for my own use (bundling mostly CLI tools at the moment)
and would like to publish them, too, so others may use them as well.

Now since I use Fedora Linux on all of my systems, I would also like to use it as
a base for the containers where necessary (I.e. where alpine Linux doesn't work).
Now I'm wondering if there are any restrictions that I should be aware of with
regard to the publishing of these images. That is mostly because I have hardly
ever seen any container on e.g. the docker Hub that's based on Fedora.

I do not use the Fedora trademark, I don't advertise that the containers are
built on top of a Fedora base container, I never mention the word Fedora in any
of the docs associated with the containers. The only relation between these
containers and the Fedora project is the line `FROM
registry.fedoraproject.org/fedora:36` at the beginning of my Containerfiles.
Is this acceptable, or does that already mean that I mustn't publish these
images?

In case I am allowed to publish such container images: Are there any packages
that need to be removed from the containers? I know that Fedora Remixes mustn't
use the official Fedora logo RPMs but supply their own instead. Are these part of
the containers and hence need I remove them?

Finally, again in case I am allowed to publish such container images in the first
place, which applications am I allowed to bundle with the containers? I am aware
that Fedora has adopted e.g. the "3rd-party repositories" in Gnome Software,
which give filtered access to flathub applications, due to legal reasons. I would
*assume* that it's okay to publish e.g. GPL-licensed software along with a Fedora
container. What about other licenses such as MIT?

Sorry for the lengthy mail, but I haven't been involved much with legal matters
regarding software in my life before. I just want to make sure I'm legally
allowed to do what I want to, *before* I get into trouble for infringing
trademarks/licenses or anything. I have already searched the web and the archives
of this mailing list, but that didn't produce any results.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
Andreas Hartmann