Re: mininet license

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 12:11 PM Iñaki Ucar <iucar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any ETA on the assessment of this license? Thanks in advance.

No, we're still thinking about it. It's a difficult problem.

"But, again the last clause in the OpenFlow license is exactly the same
as in the W3C license, which is OSI-approved. So my understanding is
that the fundamental part to assess here is the "under the copyrights"
addendum compared to a standard MIT license."

The fact that the W3C license has been Fedora-approved is more
relevant (Fedora does not always agree with OSI determinations). But
standards for license approval are always evolving (slowly). It's not
clear that just because some language was considered okay in W3C a
long time ago we should continue to tolerate it in licenses published
or considered more recently.

Richard