The right license for logos and trademarks in a free software project

Hello,

first of, this might not be the right mailing list, so feel free to
redirect me or answer directly instead of to the list.

I came to you, to ask about the right way to license a logo and Name
properly as part of a free software project. We, the Project
Hedgedoc[1] (formally known as CodiMD), are currently working on
rebranding the whole thing to solve some name conflicts. As part of
this we just created a new logo, came up with the name, etc. and we
were wondering what's the right license for those works. GNU and the
free software foundation, as well as OSI have guides for Source code,
documentation and alike, but I couldn't find any resources on things
like Logos and Names.

I know Fedora and the Fedora logo is owned by RedHat, and I'm quite
sure for other project exist similar constructs, but I'm not really
aware how this is set up. Any recommendations or guidance is very
welcome and I would love to hear back from you.

[1]: https://github.com/codimd/server

--
Signed
Sheogorath

PS: Yes, this is not closely Fedora related, but I really didn't come
up with a better place to ask.