Re: Lua Logo license text (restricted modifications)

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:47 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Serious question: What do I put in the License tag?

I'm of two minds here: on the one hand, one could argue that it's
really a trademark usage not a software usage, so the license doesn't
matter and you can leave it out of the spec file. That's the easier
route, but I'm not sure it's the correct route. On the other hand, you
had previously suggested "GPLv2 and Lua Logo", which is more correct
(and more descriptive as well), but has the obvious downfall of not
being on the Good License list. We can certainly add it, but it would
probably belong in a listing under the not-yet-added "when it's okay
to use trademarks" content that spot first drafted.

I'm a little leery of adding an explicit list of approved things under
the general "here's when it's okay to use trademarks" because that
defeats the purpose of the general statement to some degree.

I suppose the answer for now is "let me get back to you on that"

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His