Re: Licensing Violation by iControlOne and ADT

On Fri, 2020-06-26 at 10:21 -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> I don't see any indication that they're using Fedora, in which case
> they can't be violating a license we can enforce. The entry you
> highlight is a copy of the license on the Fedora wiki, but it's just
> a reference. The website for the project in question is
> https://sourceware.org/elfutils/

A long time ago elfutils upstream was fedorahosted.org which is
probably where the confusion comes from. Also the current version of
elfutils is distributed under a combination of GPLv3 and GPLv2/LGPLv3,
not the OSL1.1. elfutils has used the GPL since 2006, but maybe they
are embedding a really old version?

You will need to make the request for sources through the company that
provided you with the binaries, which I assume is ADT. If they provided
you with binaries which contain elfutils, then they should also provide
you with the sources.

I am happy to help you obtain a copy of the sources if they are
refusing your requests. Being one of the upstream authors I am
certainly interested in their modifications.

Cheers,

Mark