Re: Antlr license

On 2017-11-06 11:08 AM, Tom Callaway wrote:

On 11/03/2017 04:04 PM, Fernando Nasser wrote:
Hi guys,

Our antlr package has "Public Domain" in the License tag.  However the
author does add some conditions for credit being given, headers in
source files be kept, etc. Please see the LICENSE.txt  and  README.txt
files.

This is what probably caused SPDX to create a specific "license"
denomination for this:

ANTLR Software Rights Notice <https://spdx.org/licenses/ANTLR-PD.html>
|ANTLR-PD|

Note: There is no reference to this license or anything specific to
Antlr in OSI.

Although it is true that it is public domain, we need to make sure his
credit and header conditions are met.
There is a reasonable argument to be made here that these "conditions"
are optional requests, however, given the ambiguity, it's probably
safest to treat it as a unique permissive license.

I have added it to the table, and adopted the SPDX shortname (ANTLR-PD).

Great!  Thanks Tom.

Fernando

~tom