Guidelines for publishing container images

Do we have some guidelines how to publish corresponding source code for container images?

I suppose that if the container image repository supports image layering, it should be possible to publish a layer on top, with the SRPMs for the RPMs used to construct the container image in the file system, and put that image in roughly the same place (where users hopefully can find it).

Thanks,
Florian