SPDX license tags and Rust packaging

Hello all,

I know that it's been discussed from time to time about using SPDX
identifiers for our license tags[1][2]. In the Rust SIG, we're
beginning the work to figure out the packaging of Rust things. Cargo,
the Rust equivalent of Python's pip, enforces the usage of SPDX
identifiers for license tags in the Cargo.toml (the file indicating
the metadata of a "crate").

If we're considering using SPDX identifiers for license tags (as it
appeared to be the case in Tom's FOSDEM talk[3]), would it be possible
to grant us the ability to just use that data instead of having to
attempt to maintain a mapping of SPDX to Fedora short tags? Since our
ecosystem in Fedora is basically zero right now, we could avoid the
ugliness right from the get-go.

Thanks and best regards,
Neal

[1]: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/legal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/2BU5JTWLCQWRSPMORNPJLOPLDYHINGMV/