Re: MP3 status?

On 2016-11-11 08:43, Tom Callaway wrote:
We cannot comment on specific patents, not now, not ever. Red Hat has
determined that it is now acceptable for Fedora to include MP3 decoding
functionality (not specific to any implementation, or binding by any
unseen agreement). Encoding functionality is not permitted at this time.

I hope this helps.

To a degree. Could we get a confirmation that the following software could therefore be added, should a maintainer be so interested:

gst-fluendo-mp3: http://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/src/gst-fluendo-mp3/
libmad: http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/

Also, for the sake of clarity, what is the status of:

* MPEG-1 Audio Layer II (MP2) encoding (e.g. twolame)?
* MPEG-1 video decoding (e.g. smpeg, which also includes MP3 decoding)?

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Software Engineer - Platform Enablement Group