Re: Sleepycat license with SaaS restriction

> If you go to the commercial cryptlib web site it is no wonder that you read everything
> about the COMMERCIAL license and nothing about the GPL-compatible license
> which is used in Fedora.

Well, looking in the COPYING file in Fedora, it says:

This file contains the usage terms for cryptlib.  The full details of cryptlib
usage are provided on the cryptlib home page; although this file and the
information on the web page should be identical, in case of any dispute the
web page takes precedence.  This file is included because some distributions
require the presence of a COPYING file.

So, I'm not sure if it's invalid to look at the website for the current license.
(note that I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea whatsoever whether this kind
of statement is even effective).

> So please make a distinction between both licenses and don't confuse objections you
> may have with the one in question.

Regards,
Patrick Uiterwijk