Re: pngquant dual-licensing note

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 07:56:37PM +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> pngquant was relicense under GPLv3 [1] but after a short time author
> added an exception and make pngquant as dual-licensed the latest
> README.md says:
>
> License
>
> pngquant is dual-licensed:
>
>     GPL v3 or later, and additional copyright notice must be kept for older parts of the code. See COPYRIGHT for details.
>
>     For commercial/closed-source/AppStore distribution please ask kornel@xxxxxxxxxxxx for a license.
>

> This is acceptable for include in Fedora ?

The 'please ask' sentence could be read as implying that the authors
regard commercial and 'AppStore' distribution as not being allowed by
the nominal GPLv3 license. In the past I believe we've treated that
sort of thing as reason enough not to allow inclusion in Fedora. You
could try getting the upstream project to revise the sentence.

Richard