The limit of "free for non commercial use"

I have a doubt about the "free for non commercial use" license.
Let's say a software licensed under a Fedora good license uses data from a catalog (directly or indirectly - e.g. to create a custom catalog format) that is licensed "free for non commercial use".

A good example for astronomy programs would be the NGC catalog from
http://www.klima-luft.de/steinicke/ngcic/ngcic_e.htm

or, in my actual case,
https://github.com/dstndstn/astrometry.net/blob/master/catalogs/ngc2000-readme.txt

I'm now packaging "astrometry" for Fedora and I actually removed that catalog from sources.
What's the limit of the "free for non commercial use" statement? In this case can the catalog be maintained in sources? If the software is under a free license there's no "commercial use" involved, in my opinion.

Thanks

Mattia