[Fedora-legal-list] Re: umefont license

Karel Volný wrote on 12/31/2015 08:30 PM:

Hi.
I'd like to package Ume-fonts[*]. Unfortunately, I cannot find appropriate license name in good licenses list on the wiki. I thought it is simple "as-is" but I cannot see such record - are my eyes just tired or is it really missing?
[*] https://osdn.jp/projects/ume-font/
For the full text from umefont_580.tar.xz/license.html see below.

K.

UmeFont license (In English)

This is common license of the UmeFont family. UmeFont family provides the
following fonts:

     * Ume Gothic
     * Ume Gothic C4
     * Ume Gothic S4
     * Ume Gothic O5
     * Ume Gothic C5
     * Ume Gothic S5
     * Ume P Gothic
     * Ume P Gothic C4
     * Ume P Gothic S4
     * Ume P Gothic O5
     * Ume P Gothic C5
     * Ume P Gothic S5
     * Ume UI Gothic
     * Ume UI Gothic O5
     * Ume Mincho
     * Ume Mincho S3
     * Ume P Mincho
     * Ume P Mincho S3

These fonts are free software.
Unlimited permission is granted to use, copy, and distribute it,
with or without modification, either commercially and noncommercially.
THESE FONTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY.

As I wrote on the review request, this is mplus.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Mplus?rd=Licensing/mplus

The upstream says that the license is the same as M+ fonts:
https://osdn.jp/projects/ume-font/lists/archive/info/2009-May/000214.html
(the above URL is in Japanese)

Regards,
Mamoru