Re: umefont license

On 31/12/15 14:30, Karel Volný wrote:
These fonts are free software.
Unlimited permission is granted to use, copy, and distribute it,
with or without modification, either commercially and noncommercially.
THESE FONTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY.

I would say without doubt that this is an example of a lax permissive free software licence.

I'd like to package Ume-fonts[*]. Unfortunately, I cannot find
appropriate license name in good licenses list on the wiki. I thought it
is simple "as-is" but I cannot see such record - are my eyes just tired
or is it really missing?

‘As is’ is about liability, not rights, so it does not affect whether the licence is free / libre (thus OK for Fedora) or not.

I am not familiar with Fedora packaging policy, but if we need to procrusteanate every unique permissive licence to one of the ‘Good licenses’ [0] for reference purpose, then ‘CopyrightOnly’ [1] seems to fit best, but not ideally.

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Good_Licenses
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:CopyrightOnly