Re: Legal flag raised on PPSSPP

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/10/2014 04:33 PM, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> > And I find that I do not know the answer.
> > What is the trick that Ubuntu can host on PPA, Lunchpad etc. restricted
> > content, but Fedora can not?
>
> As pointed out, Canonical is not a US based company, Red Hat is. We're
> forced to comply with the awful mess of software patents and other US
> specific legal restrictions.

Actually this idea I've been hearing for many years now that Canonical inherently does not face software patent issues because it is not *based* in the US makes no sense.

Consider that a company that is *based* in the US does not by virtue of that fact avoid patent risk exposure in other countries. Where you are *based* has nothing to do with patent infringement liability.

- Richard