Re: Legal flag raised on PPSSPP

Hi,
I was forced to remove yet another project from Copr due patents (ffmpeg
bundling). And I got email in response, which (when stripped off the
emotions) contains very good question:

> Launchpad allows restricted softwares, whereas copr doesn't? please search
> for ffmpeg or ppsspp or pcsx2 at https://launchpad.net/
>
> wait, how does ubuntu circumvent the US laws using PPA and restricted
> codecs?
>
> Launchpad allows
> https://help.launchpad.net/Legal
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/
>
> May be Ubuntu has better lawyers than redhat!

And I find that I do not know the answer.
What is the trick that Ubuntu can host on PPA, Lunchpad etc. restricted
content, but Fedora can not?

Mirek