Re: Exceptions restricting program name are compatible with "LGPLv2 with exceptions", correct?

On 11/30/2013 03:08 PM, Jeff Backus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to package a window manager named Notion. It is a fork of
> the Ion(tm) window manager. Ion(tm) is released under the LGPLv2.1 with
> an addendum that restricts derivative works from calling said works
> Ion(tm) or using a name that implies being apart of the Ion(tm) project.

These sorts of licenses are usually a mess to figure out. It would help
if we knew whether Ion considers Notion to be a "name[] that can
be associated with the Ion project".

~tom

==
University Outreach || Fedora Special Projects || Fedora Legal