Re: Allowed content in Copr

On 11/11/2013 03:26 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
I suppose we could append this and start keeping a list of licenses that
are only "okay for Coprs", but I really am less than excited about this.
Are there people who want this?

We are just starting, so nobody asked yet. Therefore it is not blocker, but it would be nice to have. As Copr should have as low barrier to entry as possible.

    c. is categorized as a "Forbidden Item" at
       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items,
       as that page may be revised from time to time by the Fedora
       Project Board;

Why we should forbid binary blobs (e.g firmwares)?
But beside those blobs I agree.

In general, the items on the Forbidden list are such because they are
either common proprietary software or known to be legally problematic.

There is not a blanket "no binary blobs" entry in Forbidden_items, so
I'm not sure why you're bringing that point up. It does say no non-free
kernel modules, if that's what you are referring to, it might be
possible to explicitly exclude that item for Coprs.

Second paragraph. But I read it again and I understand it incorrectly. So this is fine.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys