Re: Privacy Policy Concern

On 03/08/2012 01:35 AM, inode0 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following describes the policy for information controlled by the
> privacy flag in FAS.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:PrivacyPolicy#Publicly_Available_Personal_Information
>
> It appears to me that the IRC nickname if provided in FAS is also
> treated as public information in various places now regardless of the
> privacy settings. If I log into FAS and look at another user who has
> the privacy flag set I can see the IRC nickname, if I query the fas
> plugin to zodbot I also see the user's IRC nickname.
>
> I do think the IRC nickname should be considered public information if
> provided (and especially for users with fedora cloaks) so I'm
> wondering if the privacy policy should just add this as a second
> exception along with the email address listed in the current policy?

This makes sense. We probably should also ask the Board (and Community)
if there are any other changes they want to make to the privacy policy
at the same time, since we have to make a big noise every time we change
it (even for a minor change like this).

> I also have a question about what the "your affiliations" in the last
> bullet in that section refers to?

At one point, there was a plan to extend FAS to show external
"affiliations", but I don't think it ever happened. Toshio would know
more, but he's off at PyCon atm.

~tom

==
Fedora Project