RubyGems licensing while move to Ruby 1.9.3

Hi,

I am preparing Ruby 1.9.3 for Fedora 17 and I came to interesting
license question. Ruby was always double licensed, i.e. Ruby and GPLv2.
However, Ruby 1.9.3 is going to be licensed under Ruby and BSD license.
The interesting part is, that there is certain amount of gems, which are
"distributed under the same conditions as ruby". For example
rubygem-POpen4, rubygem-thin, rubygem-cairo.

Does that apply that the gems are going to be licensed with the same
version of Ruby in distribution? Or if they distribute the LICENSE file
of Ruby 1.8.7, where is specified that the license is same as Ruby,
which means GPLv2 or Ruby is this enough? Is it necessary to clarify the
license with every upstream due to this change?

Vit