Re: Licensing question: BSD with advertising + GPL

SSF> The library I'm talking about is OpenDKIM (actually it's kind of a
SSF> daemon and a library, but I want to use the library from GPLv2
SSF> code) which uses at the moment a 4-clause-BSD license:
SSF> http://www.opendkim.org/license.html

"
All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
must display the following acknowledgement:

This product includes software developed by The OpenDKIM Project and its
contributors.
"

SSF> A confirmation if it is really a BSD-with-advertisement license is
SSF> very welcomed.

That's the advertisement clause, verbatim (excepting the name change, of
course).  The British spelling of "acknowledgment" is odd but present in
the original UCB version.  I never noticed that before.

Looking at the license at that URL, I see there's also the question of
the involvement of the sendmail license which has some rather odd GPL
compatibility issues.

 - J<